Google is continually working to bring user friendly sharing software to help people collaborate on information in many forms. They have recently updated their documents application to make it easier for team members to share information.
Here are 5 ways Google Docs can help your team to work together.
1. Real Time Editing – One of the best features of Google Docs is that you can share documents with all members of your team and edit it together in real time. You and your team can see exactly what is being edited and use other Google features such as chat or Google + features like hangout to talk about it as you’re editing.
2. Greater Portability – Unlike other software applications, if you save a document but do not have your computer or flash drive, Google Docs gives you remote access to access your documents via any computer with internet connection.
3. Access Control – You decide who can view or edit documents. The creator of the document can decide with whom they will share the document. They also have control over who can edit and who can view. Google provides the capability to decide for each person for whom the document is shared.
4. Better Integration – You can now upload and download Microsoft Office documents, spreadsheets, drawings and presentations better than before. Some of the more elaborate features of Microsoft are not well-suited, for example macros and merge, but the basic everyday features most people use are compatible.
5. Saves Money – Google is less expensive than Microsoft Exchange and Lotus Notes. In addition to free versions, Google offers enterprise packages with 25 GB space for each account for $5 per user or $50 per user if paid annually. Looking at Microsoft Exchange the price is more with less space saving you money.
If you have any experiences you would like to share regarding Google Doc, please leave a comment or contact us.