In business today, with Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter and other social streams and all the information surrounding us, its just a matter of time before we are overwhelmed. Being overwhelmed risks losing track of customers and missing new prospects. A successful business cannot allow itself to become overwhelmed.
With all the messaging tools and database systems available one would think that there’d be no way to lose touch. But, with all that said, test yourself, try the following questions! Evaluate how well you “really” know your customers. Consider your top 10 customers as you answer.
- Do you know when your customer last purchased from you?
- Can you identify the last meeting or call with your customers – and was there a followup?
- Do you know how each customer prefers to communicate?
- Do you know your customers last announcement about their business?
- Know the date of their Birthday, Aniversary or other important event?
- For new customers (last 12 mos).. Do you know when to send a “It’s been a year… let’s review…” card?
- How many of your products or services do they currently use daily?
- Do you know what other vendors are being utilized by your customer?
- Does your customer have a wish list?
- If your customer could do anything tomorrow morning, what would they do?
So how did you do?
Could you successfully answer 7 of 10? If so, you get a “C”! Remember back when you were in grade school? 70% was a C grade or average. Below 7 and you are heading for trouble… need assistance… could put a little more effort into the work. If you answered 8-10, you are doing well, but “can improve” is always appropriate for successful businesses.
If you wish to excel in your customers eyes, you must be an “A” player.
Really knowing the answers to the questions have one thing in common, a good CRM system. If you don’t have a CRM system or yours doesn’t help you answer these questions, then it might be the time to acquire or change the system. With a properly chosen, configured and installed CRM system you will easily know the answers to these questions. Knowing the answers will allow and assist with business excellence and growth.
Besides having a CRM system available, it’s key that you and your team utilize the CRM system as habit and norm, not as duplicated efforts. After all, a great system that is a pain or not regularly used will provide you with no benefit.
A properly configured CRM system assists you in monitoring ONLY the information you need on a regular basis while in addition providing the social stream information that allows you to know the customer. In best practice, the social stream is available for prospects and customers, vendors and employees. With a social stream integration, that social stream is available for your analysis and use.
TeamAutomation provides guidance choosing and implementing CRM systems. Design, implementation and training are key services provided by a certified team. Call 805.522.3875 or email email@example.com for more information